VU.CITY produces a pioneering software platform that is changing how planning across the UK is conducted. With over two thirds of the London Boroughs using the platform and a growing number of cities being enrolled, there has never been a more exciting time to join a growing technology start up. GIA is a principal practice in light, its implications in design and its effects on its neighbours. GIA exists to advise on matters related to planning, Rights of Light, Daylight and Sunlight, and Party Wall and Neighbourly Matters in the built environment.
The Operations Manager is responsible for assisting the COO in the effective management of the operations and support services for VU.CITY and GIA. They will assist with the implementation of the two Business Plans ensuring the smooth coordination of teams, that schedules and deadlines are met, and that KPIs are accurately and appropriately recorded.
- To assist the COO in the safe and effective day-to-day running of the company;
- To delegate for the COO as required;
- Plan, schedule, and review workloads and manpower to make sure targets are being met on a cost-effective basis;
- Contribute operations information and recommendations to the Business Plans and reviews;
- Prepare and complete action plans as directed by the COO;
- Develop operations systems to ensure the efficient use of time and resources;
- Communicate with all relevant employees to ensure deadlines are met;
- To develop, implement and disseminate policies for the operational aspects of the companies in line with current legislation, and to ensure their implementation;
- To assist the COO and FD in budgetary and financial control of GIA and VU.CITY;
- To advise on all aspects of internal and external communications. This should include acting as a liaison between company and client for quality assurance;
- Ensure safe working policies, practices and training, extending to planning, risk assessment, fire and operational safety checks;
- Perform any reasonable duties as directed by the CEO or COO.
Skills & Attributes:
- The possession of business or administrative experience with the knowledge of commercial and allied subjects (desirable);
- The ability to lead by example, empower others and command respect, both within the immediate community and in the wider professional arena;
- The ability to motivate and inspire a team of committed colleagues;
- The ability to execute operational plans;
- Flexibility to work varied hours;
- High standards of professionalism and integrity;
- Courage, energy and commitment, together with patience and diplomacy;
- Excellent oral and written communications skills;
- Stamina and a sense of humour;
- Good IT skills.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Leadership experience within a complex, multi-faceted, organisation (essential);
- Degree qualified or equivalent (desirable).
Benefits of working at VU.CITY
- 22 days’ holiday per year, increasing to 27 through length of service. This is awarded as 2 days after 2 years and 1 day per year thereafter up to the maximum of 27.
- The office closes between Christmas & New Year – this is in addition to the above holiday allowance.
- Auto-enrolment pension
- Private Health Care after 1 year.
- Life Insurance after six months – 4 times salary.
- Cycle to Work Scheme, after successful completion of probation period.
- Interest-free commuter travel loan, after successful completion of probation period.
- Eye Care Vouchers.
- Access to Employee Assistance Support Line.
We also run various events over the year; typically a Christmas and Summer party, as well as various charity events, both internal and external.