Search Knowledge Base by Keyword
Please see preparing a model for import for more details on File formats
- Check your internet connection, this is required to download the asset bundles within the software.
- Check your username and password are correct as defined when activating your account via the dashboard. If you have forgotten your password, click forgotten password, you will receive an email with instructions on resetting your password.
- Due to the model needing considerably large visual and processing capacity, this can infringe on normal computing functions. It is advised that you reduce the amount of software applications open concurrently with VU.CITY
- Check Internet connection – We recommend a wired connection for initial download of the software, or a new release.
- Restart VU.CITY and try the download again.
- Restart Computer to start a fresh download.
- Check hard drive space – you will need to have 20gb of free hard drive space to be able to run VU.CITY.
- The minimum system requirements for VU.CITY are specified in the system requirements section. You can check if your computer adheres to the specification by opening the File Explorer and navigating to My Computer right click and click on Properties. If your computer already meets the system requirements its likely you do not have the required disk space needed when installing VU.CITY. You will need to clear some disk space before VU.CITY can be installed.
- Check geolocation of models within your external modelling software.
- Check models are in FBX format
- Check models have been imported with the right scale option (mm/cm/m)
- If it’s the first time loading VU.CITY, this will take longer due to large updates that need to be loaded.
- Check your internet connection and download speed.
- To exit Walk mode when this occurs, click the CAMERA button and click “Walk Camera” again to exit the walk.
- Once exited you can click the “Walk Camera” again and place the cursor to your desired location to perform the walk again.
- Click Tools > Tile Loading > Freeze Tile Loading make sure this is not checked.
- Restart VU.CITY by navigating to the Settings icon in the top left hand corner of your screen, and click ‘Reset’.
- Sometimes your computer may become completely unresponsive, or frozen.
To resolve this, terminate and restart VU.CITY process in the task manager. To do this, press and hold Ctrl+Alt+Delete on your keyboard to open the Task Manager. Next, locate and select VU[version number] from the Processes tab and click End Task.