At VU.CITY, we want to give everyone the opportunity to experience a better world.
Until now we have relied on physical models and CGIs to help visualise the future. Now VU.CITY has created the largest and most accurate truly interactive digital city model, continuously updated to provide a revolutionary tool for architects, developers, advisors and the public sector.
VU.CITY is rapidly gaining traction so we are looking for exceptional individuals to join our growing team to help us in our mission to create a world leading software product.
We are looking for:
A proactive and driven data lover with a proven track record in data excellence. This is a new role, so for the right person there is a real opportunity to make the role your own and achieve great things. We need someone who has a good understanding of the property market/built environment and datasets that exist within this realm. You should also possess a strong creative streak and be keen on working with existing data to produce something new; giving users the opportunity to understand the information through experiencing the implications of this data.
Role & Responsibilities:
- The primary focus of the role will be to create new and interesting data content for the VU.CITY platform. We want to wow our customers with insightful and useful data layers
- The main secondary element for this role will be assisting in general data management and processing
- Assisting clients and colleagues with bespoke data requests
- Help push the boundaries on what we can do with 3D data
- Work closely with our Dev team to ensure requirements for data loading and visualisation are catered for in the software
- VU.CITY is aiming to become the leading smart city platform, so we will be rapidly getting involved in real-time data streams, IoT data, smart sensors etc. – part of the role will be building knowledge in this field
- Creativity and inventiveness
- A proven track record in Data visualisation, management, processing and creation
- Proficiency in at least one programming language and comfortable in a command-line environment
- Extensive experience using Postgres and/or other SQL databases
- Experience with 3D data
- Previous involvement in software development
- Knowledge of the scrum/agile development process
- Experience developing products that ingest, process and stream real-time data feeds, ideally from IoT devices
- Programming experience (in any language)
- Proactive in researching and implementing solutions to problems
- Experience using cloud computing resources (AWS, GCP)
Benefits of working at VU.CITY
- 22 days’ holiday per year, increasing to 27 through length of service. This is awarded as 2 days after 2 years and 1 day per year thereafter up to the maximum of 27.
- The office closes between Christmas & New Year – this is in addition to the above holiday allowance.
- Auto-enrolment pension
- Private Health Care after 1 year.
- Life Insurance after six months – 4 times salary.
- Cycle to Work Scheme, after successful completion of probation period.
- Interest-free commuter travel loan, after successful completion of probation period.
- Eye Care Vouchers.
- Access to Employee Assistance Support Line.
We also run various events over the year; typically a Christmas and Summer party, as well as various charity events, both internal and external.